Saturday, April 3, 2010

Wedding Planning


Currently I'm planning my 2 best friends wedding, Farah and Suraya. Far is getting married on the 4th of June 2010 while Suraya on the 30th of May 2010. Well im not really their official wedding planner, I'm just helping out with most of the planning and shopping and surveying and making of the whole wedding stuff since both of them are busy with office work. Far had planned her wedding a year before so we had tonnes of meetings and shopping done but in Suraya's case, she decided to get married 2 months after she got engaged! so that's why she needs all the help she can get. For now we're still at surveying stage with sue's wedding. but for far's wedding, she has already done most of the surveying, booking, shopping and fittings. It's much less stressful than Sue's wedding. Nonetheless, I'm enjoying every minute of it. But since I have many friends who just got married or getting married, we are sharing contacts and knowledge about planning a wedding.




this was when we went to Jakel to find material for Far's attire for her reception. She chose canary yellow chiffon and satin.


we went to a florist in Pandan Jaya. They have such beautiful flowers. we went craaaazy...



that's far in the freezer room where they keep all the flowers.


we also went to SSF sungai buloh to look for ornaments and ribbons to make her hantaran. Oh yeah, far asked me to make her hantaran.



So we went back and made a mock up hantaran from the materials we bought from SSF and Ikea. She wanted a masculine look for her hantaran so we go for the colour black, white and silver.


In the midst of all the planning chaos, I managed to plan a bridal shower for my other friend Alia who got married last march. I planned a spa party for her and also for the rest of us. We went to Spa Khareyana PJ. We got a really great deal for our treatments. Look at the room we got... its equipped with a shower and bath tub for treatments that include baths. I personally think that they gave the best balinese massage ever.






that's Alia. She got a private room all for herself. We gave her the total head to toe pampering. From massage and facial to scrub to steam and bath all in one.



I like this pose so much I tend to do it whenever i see a pond or a pool.


All of us tryna fit in the picture. Posing in front of the treatment rooms. After the spa, we went to Delicious for tummy pampering. I suggested that we have a tea party but since everyone is famished,we skipped the scones and sandwiches and went for pasta instead. The planning job is far from done. This is what we have come to so far and I'm sort of in love with this job. maybe I should consider doing this for a career.... hmmmm....




1 comment:

  1. hehe, kak jaja..i can't wait till suraya's wedding!!! my first best friend getting married! im excited, terharu & so happy gila to see her & didi finally tie the knot :) good luck in the wedding planning akak, 2 weddings a week apart..giler lah!

    if you need any anything, ANYTHING to help for suraya's wedding pls tell me akak! i already asked sue but she's always saying 'i don't even know what to do!' heheh..gosh i love u both! muah2

    ReplyDelete